What to expect with a Hearing Test?
Hearing tests are painless and easy to take and provide an instant picture of your hearing health. The test is comprised of the following:
- Case history of client – to gather important information about the client’s hearing history.
- Otoscopy – Examination of outer ear, ear canal and tympanic membrane to check for wax or other issues.
- Audiometry – this involves puretone air and bone conduction hearing tests, with masking when required.
- Consultation – Interpretation and explanation of test results
- Recommendations – Medical referral to a doctor where necessary or prescription of hearing aid(s) when certain audiometric conditions are met